Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where did the time go??

The question came to me just a little while ago, right after I finished explaining to my aunt what was going on in my life as far as college is concerned. Two more years left. Four more semesters. 12 actual classes, TOSS, then Student Teaching. After that, graduation. Then the real world hits.

Where did the time go??

This past week, two of my really good friends got engaged (congrats, Ben and Lizzie!). I felt like I was not old enough to know people my age that were getting engaged, but then I realized that I am 20, going on 21, and that it is almost that time (it IS that time for people who have been dating for almost 4 years :]). Every time I talk with people about the future, when I see myself getting married and whatnot, I always say I want to be engaged/married by the time I am 24 or 25. That's not too far off for me. I will be 21 two months from Wednesday. I am too old to be 21 years old! My parents got married the year my mom turned 21 and right before my dad turned 23. I can't be that age already! I realize that times were different 27 years ago, and people are now getting married later in their 20s, but in a little over a year, I will be the age my dad was when he got engaged and married. So crazy!

Where did the time go??

I have a hard time realizing that I moved to Kennesaw for college 2 years ago. It seems like just yesterday that I walked into Columbus High school for the first time as a 14 year old freshman. But that was almost 7 years ago. I can still vividly remember my first days at Gorman Christian Academy in the 5th grade, attending the soccer team's practice (at the request of the coach) and making the team right after practice...on my birthday. But those days have been gone for almost 10 years.

Where did the time go??

Two years from now, I will be in the process of finding a teaching job or setting up my classroom. Two-three years from now, if things play out like I want them to (haha, right?), I will be planning a wedding/getting married. How crazy is that?! Just 2 years! High school is 4 years, and that seemed to FLY by. I have been in college for 2 years, and these years definitely flew by.

I am in NO rush to grow up, that is for sure (my cousin's 5 year old son told me today that I was a "grown up", and I told him I didn't want to be grown up! haha), but I think I am just finally realizing where I am in life, and all the things that I have to look forward to in the next five years.


But so much for future thinking. Currently, I have an online midterm due by noon and a midterm paper due by Tuesday night. Time to come back to 2012 and tackle these assignments.

Thanks for reading!

Cameron

1 comment:

  1. It is weird, isn't it? I'm sitting there struggling to come to terms with the fact that I *really* am headed to uni in the fall, that I really could be teaching, too, in a few short years.

    I once read, or maybe I was told, that as we get older summer seems to fly by even faster because it becomes a smaller and smaller fraction of our years. How true I find that now.

    Wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete