Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Are you guys dating?"

So I chose that question for the title of this blog because that is the question Anna and I have gotten asked most this week. Anna and I went to high school together, and are in the same Learning Community (PEGS), meaning that we have all the same classes this semester. Because of this, we spend quite a lot of time together, and have gotten really close through that. We have a lot of the same friends, mainly because of a friend that Anna knew before coming to KSU, Fred, who knows everyone. Fred leads worship for House Church, a RSO that takes place every Tuesday night at 8pm, in various places around campus. Anna and I have been going to House Church every week, and through HC we have met some of the most incredible people ever created. Whenever we see the people we have met around campus, we're usually together, so when people see one of us, they see the other one. This has led people to ask us the question, "Are you guys dating?". After we laugh and say no to that question, we get "So you're brother and sister, right?" We just laugh again and tell everyone we're just best friends who happen to be in the same Learning Community.

So there's my schpeel on the reason for my title, now on to what's been going on this week.

Since last Friday, a lot of things have happened, one of those things being my 19th birthday. I was at home for my birthday, so I was able to spend it with my friends and family, which was really nice. My birthday was on a Sunday, so I went to church like usual. After church we grilled out burgers and hot dogs, which were really good. A family close to ours, the Williams', came over for lunch as well, so it was good to share part of my birthday with them.

When I got back to KSU, my friends Hannah Peele, Hannah McClure, and Anna Rogers had cooked lasagna and baked cupcakes for me for my birthday. The food was incredible and we had a great time just hanging out and eating good food.

Also in the past week were Community Council Elections for the University Village Suites. I was running for Vice President against a guy that I sort of knew through my friend, Keira Schrader. I was pretty sure he won because he just seemed a lot more confident than I was and seemed to have more friends in the room at the time of the voting. Wrong haha. I won! When I got the email about my victory the next night, I was so excited. I called my friend Gillian and just started yelling "I won! I won!" haha. My day was pretty rough, so for it to end on that note was pretty awesome. Because I won the election, I now have the privilege of going on a Resident Student Leadership Retreat this coming weekend with all of the other officers from the various Resident halls around campus. I really looking forward to it and it will definitely be in my next post.

That's all for now, look for another post next week!
Cameron

1 comment:

  1. YEAH FOR YOU on this victory! You are on your way to political greatness! I am so pleased for you!

    Happy birthday! (How did I miss this? I try to watch for every student's special day, and missed yours... So sorry! Glad it was GREAT!

    Thanks for the blog - sounds like your KSU experience is going well and I am thrilled!

    ReplyDelete