Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"You should go with both"

It's been awhile since my last post, and a lot of stuff has happened.

I'll start of with the RSL retreat I mentioned I was going to go on. It was an incredible weekend and I met a lot of great people. The UVS council got together and came up with some really good ideas, and I got a lot of good advice from the VP of RHA about what a VP is and does. Overall it was a really good weekend.

Last Wednesday, a man from Brazil named Marinho came and spoke to the PEGS Brazil students about Brazil because we are going there in less than a month. It was a really good presentation in which I received a lot of good information about Brazil. I am SO ready to go to Brazil now. Less than a month!

Last Thursday, I got an unexpected call from home, and needed to go home as soon as I could last weekend to be with my family. Come Friday evening, I wasn't able to find a ride home (because I have no car, so am unable to drive home), so I thought I wasn't going to be able to get home. Friday night, my friends Kelly, Sarah, Olivia, and Chloe had a movie night and a bunch of people came over to watch Shutter Island. My friend Wes was there and he said he had to go home to stay with his brother. He was leaving around 10:45, and someone asked him where he lived. He said Fayetteville, which is halfway between Kennesaw and Columbus. That's ironic because Friday afternoon my sister told me that she would come get me halfway, if I could just get there. I ran out into the hall and called my sister to let her know, then called Wes (cause he had already left Kelly's dorm) and asked him if I could go home with him for the night. He said yea, and I packed really fast and left KSU around 11, headed for Fayetteville. [insert here: Wes Lambert is incredible. We had a  good ride down to Fayetteville and a good time getting to know one another better. That's all haha] My sister came and picked me up Saturday morning and we went home.

I had a good weekend home, and God resolved the situation that was so pressing that I come home. I got to go to church to see my church family, and I spent Saturday evening at my cousin's house with my family, so it was a good weekend. My cousin let me borrow a TV that was at his fire station not being used. So now in my dorm I have a TV, all thanks to my cousin, Jimbo Harper. Thanks Jimbo!

This weekend is an exciting one. I get to go to NC my family, where we used to live while my dad went to seminary, so I am excited to go see my friends from NC.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! You do live in the "fast lane!" Be sure to keep up with school, but enjoy every minute, and every opportunity to have fun, experience, and learn!

    Thirteen days til Brazil!

    ReplyDelete