Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

No Shave November

It's December now, so that means the annual tradition known as No Shave November is officially over for 2011.

For girls that love seeing facial hair on guys, this day is probably very sad, as guys across America will be shaving off the month-long growth of hair on their faces. But for girls that hate seeing facial hair, today is a good day, and one they have looked forward to since November 1st.

For the first time in my 20 years of life, I chose to participate in No Shave November. I don't have an official "Before" picture, but if you look either on my Facebook or at an earlier post on my blog, you can see a picture(s) of me with no facial hair. Boom. Before picture.

The picture seen below was taken on November 11th, as part of the 10 day blog challenge I completed earlier in the month.

There isn't much to see, but it was there. That was day 11.

The next picture was taken shortly after midnight on December 1st, the end of No Shave November.


There is not much of a difference, but it was a lot more than I was expecting in a month's time. I would also like to point out that when I looked at this picture before uploading it onto mt blog, it scared me because I realized just how much I look like my dad. Granted, he's 30 years older and doesn't have glasses, but I've been told all my life by people I knew and didn't know that I must be "Mike Yarbrough's son" because I look just like him. (Sidenote: I was approached by someone whom i did not know awhile back while I was out with my friends. This person, and I quote, said, "Excuse, me, are you Mike Yarbrough's son? You must be, because you look just like him." I wasn't even around my dad, but someone still said I looked like him.)

As I look back on the month, I am glad I participated in No Shave this year. For one, it saved me time in the morning because I didn't have to shave (which is normally something that happens daily for me). Also, I got so many compliments on my facial hair (with just a few naysayers), and was told how I looked so much older than 20 years old. I am pretty sure I want to keep it. I mean, I've let it grow for a month, why quit now?

So, reader, tell me: what do you think? I am interested to see how other people feel about this new look I'm trying out.

Thanks for reading,
Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment