Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 7: 4 Books

1. The Harry Potter Book Series. When the books were coming out, I was not allowed to read them. When a friend literally thrust the first book into my hands my junior year of high school, I could not stop until I read all 7 books. It is definitely one of the best book series I have ever read.



2. The Left Behind Series (kids). I started reading this series one night when I was probably 8 or 9. My sister gave me the first book to read, and I started reading it. My siblings and I (minus my younger brother) were all reading the series, just different books. My mom would buy the books as they came out, my older brother would read them first, and pass them down the line, until all 40 books were read by the 4 of us. It was also an incredible series, and one of the first I remember reading through its entirety.




3. The Kite Runner. I read this book my senior year of high school because of my World Lit. class. I honestly thought it was going to be just another dumb school-assigned book, but it was so good. I loved reading it and discussing it with my classmates who also read and loved it.



4. The Hunger Games Trilogy. I picked up the first book of this trilogy back in January, while at Barnes and Noble. My friend Emily said she had heard it was such a good series, and I should buy the first book, so I did. It was incredible. The first book took me less than a week to read, no doubt. I just had to get my hands on the other two books. When I was home one weekend, I bought the second book, read it in one day, took it back to the store the next day, and bought the third book, which I read in just a few days. It definitely ranks up there with HP as one of the best book series I have ever read, and I am so stoked for the movie that's coming out in March.


I know I technically picked more than 4 books, but I couldn't choose just 4 books that I loved reading. I had to go with the 4 books/series that I had the most enjoyment reading. If you're ever in doubt of a book or book series, check out any of these 4 suggestions, or email me for others!

Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment